Thursday 10 July 2014

Obsession. .

Do any of your dogs have a particular obsession?

Recently we were at my parents house and they'd bought a lovely snuggle rug for Lucy to use on the couch. It's beautiful, fluffy and so cozy.

I decided I wanted one for myself.. However unfortunately I was weak the first few times and allowed Occa to snuggle with me on this beauty of a snuggle rug.. and there started his obsession.

We tend to leave our things out of their reach while we're out at work, and usually they're so good and don't even bother to try and snaffle any items.. but this rug was too tempting. First day left alone,  I come home and the rug is splayed out on the ground.. 

I perservered though determined to keep this rug to myself..

The next night it was sitting on the human side of the couch (the dogs know the difference yes), but Occa just wouldn't settle. He kept pacing in front of the couch, staring at the snuggle rug and nudging it. Eventually,  partially from exasperation and party an experiment, I moved the rug to the dog side of the couch.. within mere seconds Occa was on the rug and asleep. I checked on him once through the night and he hadn't moved!!! It was at this point I decided to give my rug over to him.

So I bought a second rug, determined to keep this one for myself!

Thinking it would be safe in its wrapping it was accidentally left in the living room this week whilst we went to work and low and behold.. I come home to the rug packaging all over the house and the rug nestled in a nest shape on the ground. Perfect, unmarked, but definitely cuddled in. This was just too hilarious! 

That he was so careful to not rip the rug whilst removing it from the packaging reveals the true extent of his obsession. 

Now we've reached a stage where my rug is kept in a separate room and his is nestled on the couch.. but if his sister dare be on it she'll either be sat on (as caught below) or glared at... 

Aaaah the hilarity! 

Do any of your dogs have similar obsessions?

Forever love your dog,
Emma

Occa the Prince,  with his snuggle rug. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment